Search This Blog

Friday, January 16, 2015

Freshen Up Friday

When our old (free) fridge died a sudden death and we had to buy a new fridge in June, I decided it would be nice to match the other appliances that are in the kitchen - all stainless steel.  However, while I was at the store, I could see nothing but fingerprints on every single stainless steel fridge.  Knowing my OCD self, I doubted whether I'd survive cooking as much as I do, and living with prints all over the door and handle of the refrigerator. The salesman assured me it would clean easily.  We bought the fridge.

I've been spraying and polishing, wiping and Windex-ing myself to death since June.  Grrrr.

Then I heard that using a type of oil on the stainless steel will decrease the fingerprints.


Some use baby oil, but I had some Murphy's Oil cleaner on hand and I tried that.  I used a quarter-sized amount on a paper towel and rubbed it into the area where the fingerprints land.  The oil seems to repel the prints.  Even after a very busy afternoon in the kitchen yesterday, it looked much better than it has in months!

So now we know ...


If you have the same frustration I've had, put a little oil on your appliance and see if it keeps it shiny.  It will probably refresh your own spirit as well, if you're a little over the top with cleaning, like I am!

Anyone else use oil to clean stainless steel?  If you use something else, I'd love to hear what that is!

See you in church Sunday!
Stay refreshed,

3 comments:

Phyllis Camp said...

We have indoor furbabies and the oil attracts hair. I use either Clorox or Lysol wipes that I keep on the counter in the kitchen and the smudges come right off. It also supplies the anti-bacterial cleaning as an added bonus. Fast, quick & easy.

Denise said...

Good tip, Phyllis! Thanks for sharing.

Bernice Parsons said...

Stainless steel appliances have the tendency to look murky around its clear area, and cleaning it could be quite difficult at times. It’s good to know that you were able to find a product that cleans it quite fine. Thanks for sharing this with us. All the best!


Bernice Parsons @ Badger Anodising Ltd.