I recently redid the chalkboard drawing on my mantle. I love it. Why? Because the words, "Enjoy the little things"serve as a reminder all through the day not to take all the small stuff for granted! On our birthday, anniversary or Christmas, it's easy to rejoice in every second of the day, isn't it? But on those ordinary days when the laundry is piled up, the dog gets sick on the carpet, the toilet overflows and you feel like you're coming down with whatever all the children have, it can be difficult to rejoice in the little things.
What are some of the Little things we need to stop and enjoy?
- The sunrise - Stand in awe of its Creator. Watch it. Snap a picture and Instagram it so you won't forget it.
- Your Bible - Be thankful for its Author. Reread that verse that spoke to you just when you needed it. Make a special note there in your Bible if you haven't already.
- Your mate - Rejoice in his completion. Stop him. Look at him in the eyes. Connect early in the day. Tell him one reason you are thankful for him and one things you're praying for him today.
- Your children - Look at them and smile. Laugh at their antics instead of scowling.
- Your morning coffee or tea - Savor its flavor. Sip it in a special chair and enjoy the whole cup!
- Your home - Indulge in its comforts. Take a bubble bath or sit in a cozy spot and thank God for this gift.
- Your extended family - Connect with their needs. Send an email or text to tell them you're thankful for them.
- Your friends - Return their care. Call just because. Or send over a batch of muffins or a loaf of Banana Bread and a card.
- Your talents - Use them. Sharpen that skill. Make a card, write a poem, play that instrument, paint a picture...whatever your talent is, enjoy it!
- A good book - Read one! Enjoy a few minutes alone reading a book "just for fun!"
What "little things" will you enjoy today?