Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Peek From my Porch

I thought I'd give you a peek at the Christmas decor I've managed to get up.  When you leave home on the second of December and come home on the 11th, you find out that time to prep for Christmas is SHORT!  We did get our tree up before we left, so that was a blessing, but as far as other decorations, I've limited myself to the mantles and a few other touches.  I usually put lights outside and add Christmas touches in nearly every room, but I'm good with what I have up at this point.  At least all the fall decor is down (I think!).  Nothing like finding a gourd on a shelf among the holly and ivy!  At some point we each have to decide what's really important and what isn't.  We do the priority things and let the rest go!











I have lots of decorations, even with not putting everything out.  Anyone else out there have decor for every room of the house?

Thanks for coming to take a peek!

With love from my country porch,

2 comments:

Whitney Pendell said...

Can't wait to see your cozy house in person next week!!

You're right - sometimes we do have to let things go when there's not enough time to do it all. It's hard when the things you have to let go are the ones you enjoy the most!

Jane Lebo said...

I'm learning a lot about choosing what is most important and letting other things go right now. :) Love your decorations!