Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2014

What's Cookin' in the Country?

What did we do for dinner before Pinterest?  I'll tell you ~ we scoured through a dozen cookbooks to find a recipe for Pork Chops for which we had all the ingredients.  A half hour later, we found something we could use.

Now, within a matter of minutes we have a recipe at our fingertips (and about ten more we want to try) just by doing a search on Pinterest!

Such was the case for me last week.  I had purchased a couple of lovely Pork Chops on sale at Ingles for $3!  I love cooking chops on the grill and I wanted to do more than just add barbecue sauce.  I found a delightfully delicious and easy recipe for Grilled Maple Dijon Pork Chops.  The marinade was perfect and caused a luscious charring on the meat.  I let the chops marinate for a couple of hours, then I also brushed it over the meat while it was grilling.

Source of recipe

I had to add apples as a side to the chops.  I always hear Peter Brady saying, "Pork chops and applesauce!"  Yeah, that was my era.  Scary.  But it does go well with it, so I say it in his voice, then do it! 


Menu:
Grilled Maple Dijon Pork Chops
Cooked Apples
Oven Baked potatoes
Broccoli with lemon 

Grilled Maple Dijon Pork Chops
1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 chopped garlic cloves
1 chopped shallot
1 teaspoon each salt, pepper, and thyme
drizzle of light oil (this just helps them to not stick on the grill)

Toss the pork chops in the marinade to coat and put them in the fridge for about 45 minutes-hour.

Place on a med. high grill.  Turn half way through cooking.  I cooked mine until the temperature was about 135 degrees.  Then I put them on a platter and covered it with foil.  They will continue to cook, while remaining juicy.  Let rest ten minutes.


Thanks for the inspiration, Pinterest and Peter Brady!  Hope you'll try these - they're swell! =)

Where do you go for cooking inspiration?

With love from my country kitchen,

2 comments:

Whitney Pendell said...

Haha! I always think about that clip when I make pork chops!

Denise said...

It's just a memorable clip from a cute show, isn't it?