Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Peek From My Porch

Yesterday marked the first day of Autumn.  Tennessee welcomed it in with a low of 45 degrees!  My husband and I sat out on the front porch Monday night with steaming cups of coffee and the chilly night air about us.  As much as I love summer, I have to admit that it was lovely.  To sit out there and listen to the stillness, the geese flying into the corn field across the way and hear the corn stalks on the porch crunching in the breeze was a reminder that this season is one of slowing down a little.  That is a blessing from the God who created the seasons.  I'm thankful!

Last week I drug out the bins of my fall decor to give the inside of my house a touch of fall here and there.  I decided not to do my mantles yet, but just add some subtle touches in a few spots.  If you peeked in from the porch this is what you'd see:

This is my favorite Yankee Candle scent ~ Autumn Pumpkin.
It smells so wonderful in the house when this is burning!

The twinkly lights in the basket in front of the fire place are a pre-cursor to the fireplace being lit!










Foyer table
The place where I did go all out was my front porch.  If you're friends with me on Facebook you've seen pics, but for those that haven't seen it, here it is:

Liza sweetly posed for this shot! =^..^=

Have you put out any fall decor yet?  I hope this will inspire you a little to add a few touches somewhere.  Then sit down with a cup of coffee and slow your pace.

With love from my country porch,

2 comments:

Whitney Pendell said...

I love your dining room side board! The orange really pops against the teal and silver. Gorgeous!

Denise said...

Thanks, Whitney. That's one of my favorite spots, too! Can't help loving that color!