Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A Peek From My Porch

The peek into my life this week has to do with color.  I love it, and I love it my house, but I decided I would refrain from painting anything in my home until after we'd been here a year.  I wanted to get a feel for the house and what I felt like it needed, color-wise.

Well, the year is up and the first painting project has begun!  He's a peek at what we're doing:


My front porch is also a work in progress.  In this picture you see the beginning of
my fall transition in the early stage.  I'm making new pillow covers to coordinate
with the new door color.  
The front inside door was hunter green, like the shutters.  Too  blah.  To try to decide what color would be a good accent for the door,  I went to Sherwin Williams' site and used their virtual painting tool to select a shade that would POP!  The guy at the store was helpful, telling me to use a primer first (by "me," of course you know I am referring to my husband, right? Good).   So, he put a primer over the green.  Here's the middle of the priming job...


Want to see my finished door?  I love it!  I'll post on the RefreshHer Facebook Page when it's finished so you can see! (If you haven't "liked" the page, please do!) 

Want to guess the color?  Let's see who's right!

With love from my country porch,

4 comments:

Angie C. said...

My guess is red. :) I can't wait to see it.

Kellie Wampler Price said...

That was going to be my guess too...Red or perhaps a rust color.

Denise said...

Good guess, Kellie. Apricot is kind of close to rust. =)

Kellie Wampler Price said...

That's what I was picturing but could only think of the word rust to describe it! LOL