Search This Blog

Friday, August 29, 2014

Freshen Up Friday


When my windows are sparkling I just feel better.  How about you?  They don't stay that way, for sure, but I do make an effort to keep the front and back glass doors free of fingerprints and grime.  The front door is the first and last impression your guests have of your home.  That's good reason to make it shine!

Here's the method that I use that keeps my windows pretty much streak-free.


  • Using an empty spray bottle, fill it with warm water.
  • Add a couple drops of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid.  Shake.
  • On a window that isn't directly in the sun, spray the cleaning solution on one half of the window.  Wipe with a sponge.  Working quickly, now use a squeegee to wipe the solution, going from top to bottom.  Use a paper towel to wipe the squeegee between each row of swipes.
  • Repeat on the second half of the window.  

If the window is  a large picture window, work in small sections.  The trick to keeping it from streaking is to 
  1. not clean it when the sun is shining on it, and  
  2. use the squeegee to remove the solution before it dries on the window.
Now stand back and admire...even if it only lasts a few minutes!

Refresh yourself spiritually this weekend by faithfully attending and serving in your local church.  Don't have one?  Visit us at BCBC!  Great things are happening there!

Be refreshed,


2 comments:

Kellie Wampler Price said...

Thanks for the helpful hints! I will definitely have to try that. I have also discovered lately that using coffee filters works even better than paper towels when cleaning windows for a streak free shine :)

Denise said...

Wow, that's a new one! I'll have to try it. I only use the paper towel to wipe the squeegee, not the window - not sure if I made that clear! =)