Search This Blog

Friday, August 22, 2014

Freshen Up Friday

Isn't this a happy little mess?!

In all the things that are demanded of us every single day, it's really, really important that we take time to have a break.  Even 15-30 minutes of scheduled time to do something other than the work before you will refresh you and make you more ready to go back to the normal demands of your life.

I have lots of interests that I pencil into my days.  Playing Words With Friends is something I only "allow" myself to do when I'm in the car, on my way to sleep at night or a when I've scheduled a 15 minute time on the swing for a break.

I also love making cards.

The picture above was taken after about 30 minutes of cutting, gluing and punching.  I love that I'm also being productive while taking a break!

We can really get discouraged and down if we don't take a little time for fun!  Lysa TerKeurst said,
The decisions we make
make the life we live,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So if we want to live better,
we've got to decide better.

That would even include deciding to take a little time off.  Away.  Smiling.  Having fun.  Maybe cutting and gluing.  Maybe reading, biking, walking, sipping coffee on the porch, or playing the piano.

You know what you love.  Schedule it.  Do it.  Refresh yourself.  We don't work so that we can play more, we play (rest) a little so we can work.  A little fun will help you to get back to work.  To be able to work is a blessing, and a little time away is helpful in making us more productive.

What's the activity you dream about having a few minutes to do, just because it's fun?

Be refreshed,

2 comments:

Aaron,Mandy,Lynneah said...

Scrapbooking and card making

Denise said...

I can't resist any craft that includes gluing and cutting! Love it!