Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Peek From My Porch

A Peek Into My Life This Week


I have so many blessings to share with you today, I don't know where to start!  This has been a wonderful week, full of seeing God at work.

We got to celebrate Alli's 23rd birthday.  Fun times.  I reflected on God's goodness in preserving her life at the time of the car accident in February.  Otherwise, this day would have been quite different.  Thank you, Lord.




Strawberry Lemonade Cake made a reappearance for the occasion! 

Whitney and her husband came in for the weekend so she could attend the Bristol race with her dad. I always love it when they get the chance to visit!  While she was here, I had the blessing of hearing the girls play their instruments together.  Alli got a cello for her birthday, and was excited to have her sister accompany her as she played.  My cup of joy runs over when I listen to them.



It was a blessing to have our dining room table full, with everyone here for Sunday dinner.


 Lastly, it was time to change out my chalkboard.  I love getting to doodle and draw.  It went from this to this...

(Click on picture to enlarge)
I love how this room looks in the late afternoon with the sun streaming in.
There were other blessings, not pictured here that the Lord poured out.  I'm anxious to share them with you at a later time.

Thanks for stopping by today for a peek!  What blessings from the Lord have you seen experienced week?

With love from my country porch,

4 comments:

Whitney Pendell said...

It was a great weekend! :) We love being with you too!

Denise said...

How was it we didn't go shopping?! Next time!

Anonymous said...

The birthday cake looks so delicious! Glad that the court date is over with, and that they had a chance to say to the court to the judge the things that probably had a big impact on her verdict. Glad Ali is able to celebrate her birthday with her new instrument. Now she can add another thing to her list of music lessons she gives.

Denise said...

Annon., trust me, this cake is wonderful! Alli was able to play her cello yesterday in church. She accompanied with the piano while a female duet sang. It was beautiful! What blessings!