Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

A Peek From My Porch

A Peek Into My Life This Past Week

I love it when I get to go along on the church Senior Citizen's trips.  Maybe I'm qualified age-wise, but I like to think they're letting me tag along!  We have such a great time on these church outings.  It's a blessing to serve these folks and enjoy a day out with them!


Last week our trip took us to Daniel Boone Inn in Boone, North Carolina where we had dinner (that's the noon meal in the south!).  Mmmm.  That sums up the meal, but the place itself is so pretty, especially on the outside.  It's a lovely white building with a scalloped fence and landscaped yards all around.  

The meal is served family style.  There was fried chicken, swiss steak, ham biscuits (to die for!), mashed potatoes, green beans, salad, cole slaw, and corn.  Dessert was a choice of Strawberry shortcake, Chocolate Cake or Banana Pudding.  No one walked out afterwards...we wobbled!  Needless to say, not a bite was needed the rest of the day!

After dinner we went to Valle Crucis to the original Mast General Store.  There you can find all the merchandise of a typical general store.  I'll take this place over Walmart any day!  I came home with one little treasure I'll show you later. =)

The bonus of Mast General here is that they have a string band that plays on the back porch.  Grab a cold bottle of pop from the cooler, sit down on the porch swing and you're all set for a perfect summer afternoon!

Here is a collage of pictures from our time there, as well as our trip to Mast General Store.

Click on picture to enlarge.  Click twice and it'll look like you're up close!

It's day trips like these that help to stretch out summer!  Where do you go for a day trip?

With love from my country porch,

No comments: