Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2014

Freshen Up Friday

I LOVE my first cup of coffee in the morning.  Just thinking about it helps motivate me to get up!  Steaming, hot, bubbly.  It's de-lish!!  I've never been a fan of a glass of coffee with big ol' ice cubes floating around in it like life preservers in the backyard pool.  Bleeech!


However, on one recent sweltering day, I had had my usual one cup of coffee, but needed a pick-me-up.  So, I filled a glass with crushed ice.  Then I added the amount of flavored (Peppermint Mocha) cream that I would add to a normal cup.  I also added a little less than a tablespoon of chocolate sauce beore adding the coffee.  I stirred it to combine the flavors and was blown away with the way this stuff tasted!  It was every bit as good as any iced drink I've tried at Starbucks!  No special ingredients - just leftover coffee and my normal cream.  You don't have to add the chocolate sauce, but if you want it to be like a little treat or dessert, you really should!  The glass full of crushed ice really made it refreshing.

If you need a little something to refresh you this afternoon and you still have some of this morning's coffee in the pot, make yourself a Crushed Iced Coffee!  You'll have enough caffeine to freshen up your Friday and get you through the day!

What kind of iced drink do you enjoy?  Do you make it at home?

Be refreshed,

4 comments:

Whitney Pendell said...

I like to use my plastic ice cubes for that - so the coffee doesn't become diluted at all. If I have Cool Whip, I top it off with a spoonful of that too. Yum!

Denise said...

Well, that's clever!

Christina said...

John likes to freeze leftover coffee in ice cube trays & use those in his smoothies. They would also keep from watering your drink down. :)

Denise said...

I will definitely try that; genius idea!