Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Peek From My Porch

A Peek into my life this week

Last Saturday we decided to take a drive to an Amish store nearby (well, I asked my husband if we could go!).  It was a lovely afternoon for a little thirty minute drive in the country!  We headed out so I could pick up some bulk spices and baking ingredients I like to get there.  After making that stop, we headed to an old general store my husband had heard about.  It was so beautiful that I had to snap a bunch of pictures.  I can't wait for you to see the beauty of our drive and the store itself!  Ready?



Breathtaking views on our way!



Old Pilot Hill General Store, Limestone, TN

Front Porch greeter =)



I love the looks of the counter and behind it.
They serve lunch and dinner here;
they also sell general merchandise.

Front porch of store
 I love taking drives in the country on a Saturday afternoon!  What do you enjoy doing if you have a little free time?

With love from my country porch,

4 comments:

Whitney Pendell said...

Love those pictures! I love that we can still find places like that to remind us of simpler times. And the hills of East TN are always lovely!

Denise said...

To sit on the front porch and rock, listening to the quiet is like a mini vacation!

Penni said...

I love this storeand all the roads around this area 30 mins you hardlytouch the beauty. I take mom every saturday we find a new road...breath taking creation.

Denise said...

You're right, there's always something beautiful to see, just around the bend!