Search This Blog

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Cute Shoes

Okay, I admit it.  I am a recovering shoe addict.  Well, maybe not recovering, but how about an admitting one?  But I get it honestly.  It's in my genes.  And I think I passed it on to a couple more female carriers.  What can I say?  I like for what's on my feet to match my outfit, and that can only happen if there's a variety of choices...right?


However, I read in Psalm 36 this week that my feet can turn against me!  Even if they are wearing something "cute" they can become an enemy in my walk with God.  Here's what I read:

Psalm 36:11
Let not the foot of pride come against me,
and let not the hand of the wicked remove me.

If I allow pride to enter my heart, it will cause me to stumble.  That "cute little shoe" turns into an army boot that's six times too big for my 5 1/2-sized foot, and over I go!  Therefore, I must be aware of how/when pride can fill my heart!


  • When I think I can handle today, therefore I don't read God's Word or pray.
  • When I take credit for something that only God can do (which is every part of my life!).
  • When I don't acknowledge God as the Source of every blessing that touches my life.
  • When I think my ways and methods are better than others.
  • When I refuse to be corrected.
  • When I won't realize the need to apologize to man or confess my sin to God.
  • When I have an unteachable heart.
I'd rather not stumble around in boots of pride.  I'm asking the Lord to help me walk today in the "cute shoes" of humility, instead.  They're far more attractive!

With love from my shoe closet,

2 comments:

Jane Lebo said...

Thank you for this! What a great reminder to walk in "cute shoes of humility" instead of "ugly shoes of pride" :) I love that example!

Denise said...

Isn't the Lord good to show us (me) exactly what is needed? He knows just what to say and the illustrations necessary to get my attention!