Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A Peek From My Porch

Going away for a spiritual leadership conference is like getting a ministry booster shot!  What a blessing last week was.  My husband and I are so thankful we had the opportunity to be a part of the great services, workshops and fellowship at Lancaster Baptist Church.  We heard great preaching, were encouraged by practical workshops, were so blessed by their music and strengthened by the fellowship of other ministry families.

Here's our week wrapped up in a collage of pictures:
click on picture to enlarge
A summary of my pictures:

  • We watched the sun set for three hours as we flew west!  It was gorgeous!  
  • We were able to take a couple days before the conference and visit the area.  
  • We went to Santa Monica Pier, 
  • had lunch at Bubba Gumps (yum!), and 
  • walked through The Grove, a beautiful farmer's market and shopping area.  
  • We had lunch one day at the famous, In and Out Burgers.  
  • I loved looking at the houses as we drove along.  The flowers and shrubbery were so unique.
  •   You'll also see some pictures of the services, a pastor's wives luncheon I attended and a view of the campus.  
My husband is praying that others from our church can attend with us next year.  It's not just for pastors - it's for anyone who is in leadership - Sunday school teachers, deacons, etc.  Pray about going along next summer!  Oh, and get a hat before you go...it's WINDY and hot!

From my country porch,





No comments: