Search This Blog

Friday, May 30, 2014

Freshen Up Friday

The warmer weather is here.  You smile.  Then you go to your summer clothes and pull out the cute little sundress you bought last year and stuff yourself into it put it on.  You stand back and look in the full length mirror and gasp.  The long winter did it again ~ extra pounds from Comfort Food enjoyed on those cold snowy nights are pooching out the seams of your dress.  Then you make a decision to do something about it those pounds.  But what?  Join Weight Watchers?  Jenny Craig?  Slim Fast diet? 
 
Can I make a suggestion?  I've recently found My Fitness Pal, a free app to help you lose or maintain your weight. 


You will enter in the information necessary so the app can help you accomplish your goal.  It will tell you how many calories you need to consume in a day's time to achieve your desired weight.  At each meal you add the foods you've eaten and it will search for the calorie totals and tell you how many calories you have left for the day.  Do you want to use all your calories on pizza at lunch?  Or would you rather make another choice so you can eat again before bedtime?  It's all up to you! 

There's also a place to log your exercise.  It will add the calories you've burned, and your food intake will increase!

At the end of the day it tells you what you'll weigh in five weeks if every day was like today.  That can encourage you to either keep doing what you're doing, or do it a little better tomorrow.=)

I've found this app is a great help.  Losing that unwanted weight will freshen up your day, your week and your summer! 

Have you tried My Fitness Pal?  Do you have another plan that works for you?

Be refreshed,

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love myfitness pal. I also use SPARKPEOPLE.COM. It's FREE! I discovered them about 4 years ago, and I love it!

The couple that Sparkpeople were initial investors in EBay and their philosophy is that you shouldnt have to pay money to someone else to be healthy. =)

Denise said...

Nice! I love that My fitness pal is free - for the same reason! Why should I pay someone so they can tell me how many calories I should eat?! Thanks for sharing, Kim!