Search This Blog

Friday, May 2, 2014

Freshen Up Friday

Healthy Light Lunch Options

Recently in filling out a little book my husband and I are doing together, I had to answer the question, "What are you bored with right now?"  My answer was "Lunch!"

I get weary of my lunch menu, probably because I don't really put enough planning into it.  Hence, the same thing gets served often and I get tired of it!  When it comes lunchtime, I don't want to "cook" a meal; I just want to fix something that will be quick.  I'll be cooking supper later in the day - that's when I bring out recipes and pans.  Lunchtime needs to be simple, but yummy.

So, this week I went searching for some light lunch ideas.  Though I want to eat something that will take away my hunger, I don't want to fill up on fattening foods and destroy the day with a million calories.  I made this salad for lunch yesterday; it was filling, delicious, and a wonderful change...

This is Orange and Avocado Salad
The Orange Avocado Salad was really good!  I tweaked it a little bit - I didn't have red onion, so I left that out, and I added turkey breast meat that I'd frozen.  I used a light salad dressing that I had rather than making the Lime Cilantro one they suggested, but would like to give that one a try when I have all the ingredients on hand!

Take a closer look.  Isn't this dreamy?  I'm in love with avocados, as I mentioned earlier this week. The oranges give a nice little sweet taste to the salad.  Mmm, it was good, and only about 240 calories!

If you're looking for some good, light options for lunch, I thought I'd share a few more to refresh your mid-day meal!


You can find all of these recipes also on my Pinterest board here, plus others that might not be so light, but look delish!

With these great ideas, you can look forward to lunchtime that will be tasty and healthy!

Be refreshed,


No comments: