Search This Blog

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hiding Away

Ever wish you could hide from everything?  The people that are irritating you, the work load in front of you and the burden inside of you?  I was at that point last week. If you'd have seen me last week I was calm on the outside, but weary on the inside. Pitiful.  Sad.  Tired and worn.  

Then Sunday came.  I went to God's house where we stood and read the Word of God together as a congregation.  I read verse 14 out loud, "The Lord upholdeth all that fall,and raiseth up all those that be bowed down."  That was me.  Bowed down.  Wanting to hide, but so happy and joyful to be reminded that Christ will hold me and lift me up!  As the service continued, a sweet friend stood and sang this song and it made my heart flow over with peace.

This is my prayer closet - my place to Hide Away 
Hide Away

VERSE 1 
Come, weary saints, though tired and weak 
Hide away in the love of Jesus
Your strength will return by His quiet streams 
Hide away in the love of Jesus

VERSE 2
Come, wandering souls, and find your home 
Hide away in the love of Jesus
He offers the rest that you yearn to know 
Hide away in the love of Jesus

BRIDGE 
Hear Him calling your name 
See the depths of His love 
In the wounds of His grace 
Hide away

VERSE 3 
Come, guilty ones weighed down with sin 
Hide away in the love of Jesus
The freedom you long for is found in Him 
Hide away in the love of Jesus

VERSE 4 
Come, hopeless hearts, do not despair 
Hide away in the love of Jesus
For ten thousand joys await you there 
Hide away in the love of Jesus

How do we do that?  How do we Hide away in Jesus' love?  It sounds wonderful, but do we know how to do it?  It requires an intentional effort to indeed "hide away."  The first thing in the morning we get to a spot alone with Him.  We run to Him with our burden.  We talk to Him.  We spend time with Him.  We read His Word.  We spend more time saturating our thoughts and our mind with Him than we do the world.  We turn off the noise and we reject all that is opposed to His Truth.  

As I've spent time with my Lord this week, my heart is indeed strengthened and my head lifted up!  Oh how sweet to Hide Away in Jesus!

How/where do you hide away to be with the Lord?  Are you carrying something He needs to carry for you?  Hide away with Him and lay it at His feet.  Be intentional.  That time will make a difference in your day, your walk with Him, and your influence on this world that so desperately needs the Lord!

Hidden in Christ,


3 comments:

Linda G said...

I Love this song. The message is so uplifting and brings comfort to my soul. I love to hear her sing this.

Denise said...

I've been singing it all week!

Brenda @ Chatting Over Chocolate said...

Praise God that He is our refuge!!