Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Peek From My Porch

A look into my life from the past week(end)

Last weekend was the long awaited Ladies' Retreat at The Wilds.  I look so forward to it each year. My sweet husband drove the church van and chauffeured us all weekend.  He's a gem.  We made a whole day of retreating even before we got to The Wilds!  We shopped, sipped coffee and enjoyed some bakery treats.  We laughed, cried, sang, worshiped and shared with one another.  It was a great 36 hours away!  I hate that I didn't get a picture of all of us at one time, but below are a few snapshots of the weekend: (click on the picture for a closer look)



Our speaker, Barb Leatherwood, was used of the Lord to encourage our hearts about the course on which He has each of us.  As different as we all are from one another, so are our paths.  Each pathway is unique and planned by our loving God.  We were challenged to evaluate our course and then press on!

All the ladies that went got specific needs met through God's Word as Barb shared her heart.  As she spoke, she used phrases that were insightful.  Here's a sampling of quotes:

  • I like you!!!!
  • Drop dead!
  • You have a DRA (Dirty rotten attitude)
  • No sticks!
  • Don't go there!
  • Chip up and eyes upward.
  • I can't, but God can!
  • Sing even when you don't feel like it!
  • Grace will be there when you need it.
  • Be alert!
  • You can practice His presence or practice the presences of the problems.
  • Thank God in spite of how you feel and He will give you peace in spite of your circumstances.
  • It's not about me- it's all about God!
  • Thank God for a bad hair day!
Many of those statements will seem ridiculous to those of you who weren't there, but they will serve as good reminders to those of us who attended the retreat.  In days to come, I'll be explaining the phrases, so stay tuned! =)

Next year we will plan on going to the March retreat.  I hope you'll mark your calendars now and plan on attending with us.  All who went this year would say they are glad they went.  You'll say the same.  You know why I want you to go along?  Because I like you!

With love from my country porch,


No comments: