Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Peek From my Porch

Decorating a home is really a continual process.  There is always some fluffing, adding and rearranging that needs to be done.  Then each season brings about different decor as well.  I knew my family room needed a large clock over the cedar chest/bench, but I couldn't find just what I was looking for.  I wouldn't buy until I found the perfect size and color.  Also, I needed curtains for the double window, but didn't want to settle for just anything.  Then I took a trip to Kingsport...and look what I found!



It's amazing what those two additions did to warm up that space!

Here's a closer look at both items:



The clock was on clearance at Hobby Lobby for $20!  The light blue chevron curtains were also found at HobLob for half price!  LOVE that store!  When I saw both of these items, I knew immediately that they were perfect.  I love it when that happens!




I had the parson hang the rod above the window for extra height.  
The curtain was still long enough that it puddles a little on the floor,
which I like.


Thought you might like a peek!  Thanks for stopping by!

Are there certain home decor items that you're looking for?  Keep a list in your purse or on your phone with dimensions, window width, etc.  You never know when you'll find that perfect item!

From my country porch,

3 comments:

Whitney Pendell said...

love! yay for hoblob! =)

Denise said...

I know! They have beautiful products and great sales!

Kimberly said...

LOVE Hobby Lobby! If I had a fortune, I could spend it there! They have the best stuff and great prices.