Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

One Word

One.  
One God.  One life.  One love.  One choice.  
One Word -
it says a lot.

Have you heard about choosing one word for the new year?  It spoke to me when I read this idea.  It will be the word that defines each day, and then the whole year.  It will guide decisions, define choices.  It may refrain or it could push one forward.  What One word could characterize last year?  What word would you want to order this year?

My Word is JOY.  I want to have joy when spending time with the Lord.  I desire joy to be the epitome of my marriage.  I want it to be the driving factor of my service to the Lord, the work I do at home, and the attitude in which I minister to others.

Some antonyms of joy are:  sadness, sorrow, seriousness, melancholy and woe.  Who wants to be around a person with that kind of disposition?  Who would want that kind of Christianity?

My verse for the year that will remind me of my word is - Acts 20:24 - But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

So, today, I move forward.  How?  With joy.  Joy in trials, hardships, good times and bad.  By God's grace, I desire to begin and finish 2014 with Joy!

I'd challenge you to think of a word that will motivate you this year.  What word will it be?  It'd love to hear!

With joy,

8 comments:

Michelle A. said...

My word for 2014 is gratitude!

Denise said...

How that word can change our attitude! Thanks for sharing.

Lora Grogg said...

My word for 2014 is PRAY!

Denise said...

Could we be reminded too often to pray? I don't think so!

Whitney Pendell said...

I think my word will be "encourage." Love this idea!

Denise said...

Good word, Whitney. Your comment did that just for me!

The Grits Blog said...

I haven't seen anything like this before! I love it! I would have to say that my word for 2014 is FAITH.

Thank you for stopping by and linking up! I hope to see you next week!

Denise said...

Thanks for stopping by to say hello and share your word! Faith is a great word - Hebrews 11:6 tells us that without faith it is impossible to please God. Not just faith in ourselves or some THING, but faith in the One True God. I trust you know Him and will truly put your faith in Him each day of 2014!