Search This Blog

Friday, January 24, 2014

Freshen Up Friday

Do you ever just feel like you're in a sort of slump?  It's kind of a blah-ness about everything, if you will.  There are lots of reasons for the feeling, but there is one sure cure!  Proverbs 11:25 says,
 
He that watereth shall be watered also himself. 

In other words, when you do something for someone else, you reap the benefit for yourself too!  I've found that when I have the "blah" feeling, if I stop thinking about me and start thinking about someone else, I end up more encouraged than the person I'm reaching out to!


Here are some suggestions:


  • Invite a child over to help you bake cookies.
  • Take your Bible with you and go pay a visit to someone in a nursing home or hospital.  Read them some of their favorite passages.
  • Bake some banana bread in small loaves and deliver it to your neighbors.
  • Call or Skype a friend you haven't talked with in a long while.  Don't share details of your own life; seek to encourage them by listening.
  • Have a friend over for afternoon tea or coffee.  Set the table.  Make it special.  
  • Buy a small gift for your husband.  Hide it in his dresser drawer with a note of appreciation.
  • Write a card of encouragement to someone at church whose ministry is a blessing to you.
Refresh yourself by refreshing others today!

Be refreshed!


2 comments:

Whitney Pendell said...

That's a good reminder to refrain from talking and to listen on the phone. Great ideas!

Denise said...

I have to remind myself of that! It's far easier to fill the line with my voice! Ahhh...