Search This Blog

Friday, January 10, 2014

Freshen Up Friday

Do you ever walk into a room and sigh because you don't like the way it flows or looks? Me too! 

The craft room as it was BEFORE

I had that very response every time I entered my craft/guest room.  It was awkward.  It wasn't easy to craft in. My storage bins weren't handy, because if they had been out, they would have looked messy.  Something needed to change.  Sooooo, one day last week I started rearranging furniture.  =)

One thing I knew I needed to do was make my storage bins accessible.  They were hidden in the closet - totally inconvenient when I was crafting!  So I pulled them out and came up with a way to make them look neat, even though they're full of supplies...




 I used coordinating scrapbooking paper to create fronts for each drawer.  
I simply slid the paper inside the drawer.


It unifies the look and makes them a nice accent piece instead of an eye sore!
Now everything is at my disposal and it looks neat.

The crafting side of the room


Here's the other side of the room:

I added a vinyl wall decor above the bed instead of hanging a picture. 
I love going in this room now!  I'm so much happier with the new arrangement.  It just took a little tweaking to get it just right.  This room gets the afternoon sun for more hours than any room in the house, so it's generally always sunny and bright - making it a perfect spot in which to work on crafts!  I love that I love this room now!

What room in your house makes you sigh?  Refresh the room by rearranging the furniture.  Do something to make the room work better.  Even if you can only do a little at a time; keep working with it until it feels right.  You'll know when it get there - you'll stop sighing and start smiling when you walk in!


A view of the new rearrangement of the room...


See you in church Sunday!

Be refreshed,

5 comments:

Whitney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney Pendell said...

Love! I did the same thing with the storage bins in my closet, and it really does make a huge difference.

Denise said...

Thanks! Amazing what a little change like that can do!

Lynsey said...

I just love the way you decorate your home! So cozy and inviting but also beautiful! :) I love the picture on the wall of the chandelier...

Denise said...

Thank you, Lynsey. I need to have you all out!

I found the chandelier picture at Hobby Lobby last year and knew it was mine the minute I saw it. I love it when I find something that's perfect for the place I'm looking!