Search This Blog

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dont' Move!


This is my verse for 2014.  Recently I've meditated on "None of these things move me..."

What are the "these things?"  The are the hard circumstances in my life; the hurts, the injuries that touch my pride.  All the events under the category of "how could they treat me like that?" Or "That isn't right/fair."  The times when my flesh wants to jump up and defend itself is a situation that tempts me to be moved.  However, if I'm to finish my course with joy, then this will not move me. No, it won't move me to react, defend, get bitter, quit or lash back.

I must stay steady.  Resting.  Trusting an almighty, sovereign God to take care of the person or the trial that He has allowed to sear my heart in two.  His Son was not moved when He was mistreated.  He kept His eyes on His mission - the cross.  How thankful I am that He wasn't moved to quit His purpose.

My hurting heart says, "Yes, Lord.  I'll stay on course, too, that I may finish what you've called me here to do.  And I'll finish with joy.  Joy because this makes me more like You.  It reveals your glory when I respond to this hard thing with joy.


I will choose not to be 
moved.

Instead, draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord, to Thy precious bleeding side.

Do you need to stop and ask the Lord to help you not to be moved by the "these things" in your life?  He will help you. You, too, can finish instead with joy!

Resting,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a precious verse. Thanks for the encouragement to keep our eyes fixed on Jesus. He is our supreme example!
Karen E.

Denise said...


Karen,
I prayed specifically for you while I was typing this post! I'm glad it encouraged you to look to Christ!

Lynsey said...

Thank you for this post! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel like you must have had a peek into my life over the past year! I continually give my hurt to the Lord and pray for a heart of forgiveness, because we are most like Jesus when we choose to forgive. Thank you so much for posting this! Just what I needed to help me stay focused and keep pressing on for what He has called me to do.

Denise said...

I think we could all say we need these truths over and over through a year. It's part of the reasons and reminders that we need the Lord. Sometimes we need to forgive, sometimes we need a right focus, sometimes we need to let go and not be sensitive. God is enough for each of those times! He will teach, He will give grace. He will give joy.