Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Your Presence For Christmas




A few years back, I stumbled across a new Christmas song on the Internet.  It was entitled, Your Presence for Christmas.   I remember sitting in front of my computer listening to it and weeping.  I listened to it over and over again, because it just touched my heart to the core.  If you attended our Christmas Tea last Monday night, you heard it there.  Let me share the lyrics:

In the busy Christmas noise,
All the bells the lights, the toys,
I have found you are the only source of comfort and joy.

Lord, I want your presence for Christmas
I want your presence for Christmas,
I long to feel your Spirit speaking peace to my heart.
Of all the gifts I may receive,
There’s only one I really need,
And it’s your presence, your presence for Christmas.

When the holiday is through
And the year is fresh and new,
All that lingers are the moments, my Lord
Spent worshiping you.

Lord, I want your presence for Christmas
I want your presence for Christmas,
I long to feel your Spirit speaking peace to my heart.
Of all the gifts I may receive,
There’s only one I really need,
And it’s your presence, your presence for Christmas.

What are you longing for most this Christmas?  All the material things are so fleeting, so temporal, so empty.  Time spent with the Lord is lasting, fulfilling and eternal.  Look at what your day is centered around right now to get a good idea of what you really want.  We chase those things that are important to us.  Don't let your time with the Lord get pushed out of the picture during this very busy season.  Proverbs 8:34 reminds us - Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. Wait for Him. Hear Him.  Watch for Him.  Spend time in His presence; it's all you need, and it's all He wants.

With love,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do u have the chords for this song?
I need them and can't find them anywhere.

Denise said...

I'm sorry, no, I don't. We looked everywhere for it last year and ended up singing it a cappella. If you happen to find it, would you comment here? Thanks!