Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Peek from my Porch

Every home is a work in progress, no matter how long you've lived there.  I'm very much still in the midst of decorating my new home.  I've had a Lane Hope chest since my high school graduation, and I decided that when we moved into this house, I wanted to use it as seating in the family room.  The lid wouldn't exactly be comfortable, so a sweet friend gave me a nice piece of foam to cover to make a padded seat.  

I purchased some upholstery fabric at Hancock's and just made a simple slipcover for the foam.  I pretty much just made a giant pillow case, and then ironed creases in the corners to give it a sharper edge.  Then I hand stitched the opening shut.

I then placed a couple of cute throw pillows as a back and voila! A bench seat is created.  I'm hoping it will add to our seating when I host Thanksgiving for my family in a few weeks.

I think I'm going to hang a shelf high up over  the pillows.  Yep, it's still a work in progress!

What projects are you working on?

With love from my country porch,

2 comments:

Jane said...

I love the pillows! Such a nice touch!

Denise said...

Thank you. Found them at my favorite place-TJ Maxx.