Search This Blog

Friday, August 23, 2013

Freshen Up Friday

We are coffee lovers in this house!  A hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning is not a question - it's given!  We WILL have coffee in the morning!  But when it comes to iced coffees, I've not been a fan.  However, a couple weekends ago when I attended the Becoming Conference, I got to try One of International Delight's Iced Coffee drinks.  It was hot outside.  The beverage was cold.  It was free.  Duh.  I tried it and you know what?  It was delicious!  



This week when my husband went to the grocery store, he found this container on sale for $1.69!   After cleaning carpets, cleaning the deep freezer and packing boxes, this was a great afternoon treat!  It was a great refreshment, and pick-me-up!  Have you tried this?  Keep an eye out for it marked down on the shelves.  You might snag one on clearance like we did.  Sometimes there are coupons in the paper, too.

Try this treat and savor the great iced coffee refreshment!

See you in church!

Be refreshed,

5 comments:

Laura McKinney said...

Mom and I love this too - we'll have to be on the lookout for it to be on sale!! Have you ever kept leftover coffee and put it in the fridge, pour it over ice, then add your favorite creamer? I like to do that too!

Denise said...

I have tried that, but wasn't a fan. Maybe I need to revisit that idea!

Christina said...

I make a strong sweetened coffee and keep it in the fridge. I use about 1/2 cup of that in my 24 oz. cup of milk every morning. Same kind of taste, but much healthier & cheaper!

Anonymous said...

Denise,
Our family is headed to the Wilds next weekend for the Labor Day family camp. I looked up your name and your husband's name so I could learn a little about who is going to be speaking. I have been looking at your blog and getting some great recipes as I'm making a grocery list/menus for this next week. I've already been blessed, and I am so looking forward to next weekend! Have a great week!
Karen E.

Denise said...

Thanks for the idea, Christina. I'll try that!

Karen, I'm so glad you stopped by and I look forward to meeting you at camp! My husband and I are so excited about the weekend!