Search This Blog

Thursday, April 11, 2013

30 Day House Cleaning Challenge Day #11


This is embarrassing!   But here are the pictures of my good accomplishments of my house cleaning challenge today.  Look if you dare!

The challenge was to clean the bathroom.  My main focus was on the linen closet because the bathroom itself just needed to be surfaced cleaned.  I couldn't believe what a mess this had turned into!


I got rid of LOTS of old towels and other linens that had seen better days.  Then I organized things into places and spaces that makes it much easier for me to get to them.  I dust mopped the closet floor as well.  Here's the full shot...

Gasp!

Now it looks like this:

I placed the folded sheets inside their pillowcase.  They're much easier to store that way!
I may just go stand in there and stare!  It feels so good to know it's straightened up and only holds the things that I really use!


The drawers got cleaned out too...




Before:


After:
Light bulbs dusted, sink and mirror cleaned.

Dusted table, shook rug and cleaned bathtub.

I'm thrilled at the progress my house is making!  Did you do today's challenge?

See you tomorrow for Freshen Up Friday!

6 comments:

Dianne said...

Do you know the BEST and easiest way to clean blinds? Take them down, put them in a tub of hot water with dishwasher detergent and swish around a bit. Rinse and dry. SPARKLING Clean!!

Denise said...

Great tip. Thanks!

Blythe@The Bungalow Brood said...

How is it that the linen closets get out of control so quickly?? Mine does the same! You made GREAT progress though - you should be proud!

Denise said...

I love that closet now! I really do open it every time I go in that bathroom! Maybe it will inspire me to keep it that way!

Deidra Schaefer said...

Keeping the bathroom clean is important because this is the part of the house where bacteria loves to stay. You don't want any member of the family to get sick because of insects, bugs, and mold. Cleaning the area keeps them away. It's good that you got rid of the old towels. They just eat up space and you don't need that much towels when only so few live in the house. A clean area makes it comfortable and easy to move. Keep up the good work!

Deidra Schaefer

Deidra Schaefer said...

Keeping the bathroom clean is important because this is the part of the house where bacteria loves to stay. You don't want any member of the family to get sick because of insects, bugs, and mold. Cleaning the area keeps them away. It's good that you got rid of the old towels. They just eat up space and you don't need that much towels when only so few live in the house. A clean area makes it comfortable and easy to move. Keep up the good work!

Deidra Schaefer