Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Peek Inside the Parsonage

I love fresh herbs.  They smell so good and they add so much great flavor to whatever you're cooking.  I've had an herb garden at every home I've lived in since I got married. They're so useful as well as beautiful in the yard.   

I recently saw a picture of a tea cup garden, but her tea cups held flowers.  My mind went immediately to how great my herbs would be in a little indoor garden like that!  So I made a trip to Lowe's and here's what I did...

Parsley

Thyme

Handy to use, but also beautiful as a centerpiece!
I hope I can keep them thriving in their new surroundings.  Maybe when it warms up, I'll put them outdoors, but for now I can enjoy having them right at my fingertips.

If you're thinking of growing herbs this spring/summer, now is the thyme =) to purchase them.  They can get really scarce when May or June rolls around.  Some of my favorites are Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley, and Sage.  Keep them near a sunny window in your kitchen and snip off what you need while you're cooking.  You'll be amazed at how it freshens the flavor of your food.

From my parsonage windows,




2 comments:

Debby Whitsitt said...

What a sweet idea! Mine are planted in a convenient spot by the front step.
I started them in out canning jars (Pinterest idea) but they weren't too happy. Outside they are thriving.
Gonna get some tea cups out and try again. Denise, your display is feminine and sweet. We both are excellent cooks and having herbs handy makes sence and pleases the sences.
Enjoy the fragrance. Loving you~ Debby

Denise said...

I saw the idea you're talking about, Debbie. That was a cute idea. I hope these make it...at least until I can pop them in the ground!