Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2013

Freshen Up Friday



I just love the book of Proverbs.  It gives me a daily nudge to do the right thing.  Yesterday I read, "In all labour there is profit: but the talk of the lips tendeth only to penury." Proverbs 14:23  My girls heard that verse many times when they would ask,

"Why do I have to learn algebra (or whatever subject that seemed useless)?  When will I ever use this in my life?"

I would follow with, "I don't know when you'll use it, but Proverbs tells us that all labor is profitable, but if you just sit and talk about doing your homework, it will lead to poverty!"

Do you ever find yourself only talking about a task that needs to be done, but never getting around to it?  That room or furniture you were going to paint "some day," or the family you were going to invite over for dinner just never seems to get into the agenda.  How about freshening up your Friday by making plans to get that undone task planned and completed?  You'll profit from the labor - it will be so rewarding!  You'll profit in the fellowship - no man is richer who has dear friends!

What is it that you've been putting off?  Stop and consider what you need to do, then ask the Lord to help you get a plan of action and get after it today!

See you in church Sunday!

Be refreshed,

No comments: