Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chocolate Valentine Treats



Just in case you still need a chocolate treat for your Valentine today, here are a couple of super simple and fast ideas I pinned onto my Pinterest board.

Recently when I was at my parents house, my dad toasted us marshmallows over the fire in the fireplace.  Yum!  I had forgotten how much I love a golden brown toasted marshmallow.  The outside is slightly crispy while the inside is mushy and warm and gooey delicious.  Before you go strike a match and skewer a marshmallow, read on to find another simple way to enjoy toasted marshmallows and chocolate.  Consider it a S'more Dessert.  Feast your eyes on this...
                                                       
                                 Who needs a campfire to make s'mores? Now it's in dippable form...
I think it would be great to do these in individual ramekins so you could double dip your graham cracker!

1 cup chocolate chips
2 Tbl milk

Melt chocolate and milk over low heat on the stove.  Pour into oven safe dishes and top with mini marshmallows.  Place under broiler just until the marshmallows begin to brown.  Serve with graham crackers or shortbread cookies.

Then for a simple way to enjoy Chocolate Covered Strawberries... use an ice cube tray
 First, place a little chocolate in the ice cube tray.  Place a halved strawberry on the chocolate, then spoon enough chocolate to cover the strawberry. Place in fridge to harden.  Voila!  **To melt chocolate - Place 1 bag chocolate chips in dish in microwave, stirring at 30 second intervals, until melted, then add 2 Tbl oil.

Another simple dessert idea that someone served my husband and me recently was this:

  • Brownie Square
  • Scoop of ice cream on brownie
  • Spoonful of Cherry Pie Filling on ice cream
  • Whipped topping
Not only was this really yummy, it was pretty too!  

Have a delicious Valentine's Day!

Because He first loved us,



No comments: