Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Abundant Life!

After I graduated from college, I spent several years completely single. There was the occasional coffee date with a single guy in one of my friends college & career groups, but those never turned into anything permanent. I wanted to be married eventually, but this is the truth: I wouldn’t trade those “dateless” years for anything.

How can I say that?

Jesus offers a love relationship that is more than enough.

I know that sounds like such a typical “single girl” answer, but it is the truth. Marriage is wonderful – but not easy, and I’m so thankful for those years where I developed a relationship with the One who never fails! I had lots of time for group Bible studies, personal study, and “just me and the Lord” worship time, wherever and whenever! Jesus offers an abundant life regardless of your circumstances. John 10:10 says, "I have come that they might have life, and have it to the full!" 

There are two foundational truths that encouraged me:
1. God is in control and has a personal plan for my life. 
2. I'd rather be happy and alone than married and lonely. 

I also spent lots of time with my girlfriends, shopping, eating out and doing fun stuff (like attending NASCAR races, below). We had such good times together! 


Two years ago, I ran into an old friend at a basketball game. He asked me out for coffee, and his sparkling blue eyes immediately melted my heart. That coffee date was unlike the others! God IS in control and DOES have a personal plan for my life. I am so thankful for my husband - he is a constant reminder of that perfect, personal plan. 



If you are in those dateless years, take heart! Jesus has come to bring abundant life (and a personal, perfect plan) for YOU. 

If I can encourage you in any way, I'd love to hear from you (my email is whitneypendell at gmail dot com if you don't want to leave a comment).

Whitney for...


No comments: