Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

What's Cookin' in the Parsonage?

We weren't in the parsonage this weekend, but I had the blessing of having Sunday dinner in my sister, Sharee's home yesterday!  My husband and I got to go to Kentucky where we attended church with my parents, then had dinner with  Sharee afterwards (while her poor hubby was at work missing out!).  The meal was so good, and served in a lovely way, but the best thing was sitting around the table in the comfy chairs talking and laughing for a nice long while.  Family times - they're rare...and precious!



Sharee found a new lasagna recipe a couple of years ago that is now her favorite.  It came from Southern Living (their recipes are always keepers!).  It was delicious

One thing I like about being in someone else's kitchen is learning about new/different products. She served a tossed salad and offered a Balsamic Vinaigrette by Ken's that I am going to have to look for; it was a nice change from the creamy dressings I usually have on hand. 

Her menu:

Tossed Salad
Rolls
Peppermint Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce

Lovely and so good!!!
Sharee told me that one time-saving method in this lasagna recipe is the way they tell you to cook the noodles; you pour boiling water over the noodles that are in a 9x13 pan and let them set for 15 minutes.  How easy is that?!  She also likes the recipe better using small curd cottage cheese instead of the ricotta cheese that it calls for.  This was really good lasagna.  If you need a little boost to your old standard recipe, this would be a great replacement!

Thanks, Sharee, for a great recipe and a wonderful, relaxing afternoon!

What was cooking in your kitchen this week?

With love,

No comments: