Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Peek Inside the Parsonage

Enjoy the little things today;
in the future you'll realize the little things
were the big things!

I recently saw the previous saying on a sign.  As I've contemplated it, I've realized that it is really true.  When I think back to what I considered "little" things we've done in our parsonage, they would include such things as:

  • Kissing my husband good morning, goodbye, or goodnight
  • Reading a chapter in Proverbs every day
  • Having pretend tea parties
  • Setting a nice dinner table
  • All of us playing outside in the snow
  • Turning on good music during dinner
  • Saying, "I love you" whenever we talk on the phone
  • Making treats for each holiday
  • Family devotions after dinner
  • My husband reading the "Mandy" or "Little House on the Prairie" books with the girls at bedtime
  • Leaving notes for one another on the bathroom mirrors
These are all little things, but in the long run, they turn into big things, because they are what made our marriage and home strong, left each of us with sweet memories, and have enriched our lives for God's glory. 

The "little things" you are doing today are investments in the lives of those that live in your house - including yourself!  Keep doing them.  Some day you'll see they weren't little at all!

From my parsonage window,

No comments: