Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Look at the Son

Each morning my husband and I have gotten up at six to watch the sunrise from the sixth floor of our oceanfront condo. Today as I was standing there looking to the east, I noticed a woman down below on the beach. You can see her small frame in the picture below.

She, too, was turned eastward, waiting for the sun to rise. Her chair was readied, her eyes watching and her determination purposeful. She wanted to see the beauty of the sun.
Here's a partial picture of what she was looking for. It continued to change with each minute. It was worth waiting for; worth keeping vigilance for.
As I sat there I thought of Proverbs 8:34 - Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. Just as that lady was perched and waiting to have a view of the sun, we should have the same determination to see the Son. As we go to our quiet place and sit, Bible, notebook and pen in hand we are sitting at His gates and waiting at the posts of His door for Him to pass by. If we could but get a glimpse of His beauty it will be enough to carry us through the day. It will be a thought to ponder on, a Truth to cling to or a promise to claim.
It's worth getting up at six just to see the beauty of the sunrise, but it's even more worth it to rise early and see the beauty of our God! Have you seen Him today?

Waiting at His gates,

No comments: