Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lazy or Fruitful?


There is a feature that our condo has that has been so much fun; it's called the Lazy River. The picture above is one of the two they have here. The narrow "pool" has a current that pulls tubers around without you having to do a thing; you don't have to paddle or row. You simply sit and it pulls while you're just... lazy!


This week in my Bible study I've been studying about the faithfulness of several women in the Bible - Dorcas, Lydia, Priscilla, and Phoebe. As I studied their lives and their service to the Lord the thought that struck me was that these women didn't do some random act that they were remembered for; they had lives of faithfulness. They were dependable. They could be counted on. It's thought that Phoebe may have carried Paul's letter to Rome. She would never have been given that responsibility if she'd been randomly faithful prior to this service! These women were not slackers. There were no Lazy River floaters among these women.

I had to ask myself some questions. I'll ask you the same ones:


  • Am I being faithful to serving the Lord both in my home and in my church?

  • Can others count on me to fulfill a responsibility to which I've committed myself?

  • Am I sporadic or consistent in my service?

  • Am I full of good works like these women were? (We don't serve to stay saved. Eph. 2:8,9 We serve because we are saved.)

It's such fun to enjoy some leisure time on the Lazy River, but at the end of the week it will be time to put laziness behind me and get to following after fruitfulness. I pray that's your heart too.


With love,

1 comment:

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com