Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

Constant Access

Yesterday was a day of being disconnected - our Internet was down most of the day (it may even blink out in the middle of writing this post). Having a wireless connection makes it so easy to sit down at the computer for even a few minutes and send an email, check Facebook, pull up a recipe on a site, or check the spelling on dictionary.com. We are a techie family!

It felt really strange not to have that access all day. My daughter even had to pull out the dictionary to find the definition of a word while the Internet wasn't available! *Gasp!* I wanted to make the snack recipe I put on my blog Wednesday and had to pull it up on my phone (it's really good, by the way). When my mother-in-law stopped in I was going to show her a recent picture of my parents, but then - oops! Can't do that - it's on Facebook! Our day was just different than normal. If felt strange.

My mind went to our devotional and prayer life. Hearing from the Lord in His Word and then speaking to Him in prayer should be such a regular part of our day, that if we miss a day it should feel strange to us because it's an out of the ordinary happening. We should be so used to that sweet time spent with our God that we would do whatever necessary to make it happen. We've called Comcast and they are coming out today to check into the problem. If there's no connection going on in our hearts and a longing to meet with the Lord each day, there's a problem, but the blessing is, it's a fixable one! As soon as we open the Word or bow our heart in prayer, our God is there to speak and to listen. The communication lines are working!

A constant connection with the Lord should be the greatest desire of a child of God. I think that's what the psalmist was saying when he wrote, Evening and morning and at noon will I pray and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice." Psalm 55:17

There's a vast difference in having a computer and having a computer with Internet access. There's also a vast difference in saying prayers and praying! I'll be glad to get our problem with Comcast fixed, but I'm even more thankful that I have constant access to the Throne of Grace. It's up to us to plug into that!

Under His feathers,

2 comments:

HKeels said...

This was good Denise, real good. Exactly what I needed to hear this morning. Thank you! :-)

Debby said...

Evening and morning and at noon will I pray and cry aloud, and He shall hear my voice." Psalm 55:17

Denise, there are times that my heart is so overwhelmed with grief and pain (physical & emotional), and the only thing that gets me through is the faith believing that God hears me.
It sure has nothing to do with feeling. For sure!
Debby