Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Singing with the Birds

I have recently traded my treadmill in for the hills in the neighborhood. When it's so gorgeous outside, I'd much rather get my exercise in the midst of the blooming phlox and tulips than my basement!

While walking yesterday I heard a bird singing loudly. I looked up to the top of a telephone pole to where a cardinal was perched. I said, "I'm with you, Mr. Bird. God made you and God made me and we have something to sing about!" I mean it - I said that out loud while walking by myself. Any onlookers would have raised their eyebrows and shook their heads perhaps - a woman walking alone and talking to a cardinal would raise suspicions! But it's true - we have so much to sing about, so much for which to give thanks.

It's easy to grow used to our blessings and forget to sing.

I can breathe on my own. Thank you, God.
I can swallow. Thank you, God.
I can talk. Thank you, God.
I have strength to walk. Thank you, God.
I have heard the Gospel and been saved. Thank you, God.
I have the opportunity to go to church. Thank you, God.
I have a husband and family that love you. Thank you, God.
I don't have a migraine today. Thank you, God.
I have food in my refrigerator and my pantry. Thank you, God.
Winter is over. Thank you, God.
The flowers outside my window are blooming. Thank you, God.

Don't let the birds be the only ones singing - Throw your window open and praise the Lord for His blessings in your life.

With thanksgiving,

2 comments:

lindagl said...

Thank you God for the blessing that Denise is to me and I know to so many other ladies.
The ladies in Irmo, SC will be blessed by your singing with the birds (the wisdom that God has given you). I am praying for you.

Denise said...

Thank you, Linda! You are such an encouragement to me.