Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pressing Prayers


Ironing is not a chore that many people even do anymore. But for those that do it, it may not be a favorite past time. I may have a solution for those in that category. I've found a way to make the time go so quickly while ironing. It happened while I was pressing my husband's shirts yesterday.

He was preparing to go to a conference, so as I ironed each section of his shirts, I prayed for him. I tried to think of verses to pray for that part of his shirt.
Right side of his shirt - "Lord, help Dale to remember that in Christ he has the breastplate of righteousness. He is righteous through the work of Christ on the cross. Help him to walk as a righteous man today."
Left side of his shirt - "May Dale guard his heart today, because out of it are the issues of life. May he only love what you love and hate what you hate. May his love be pure loves. Help him to love you more today and to hide your Word in his heart that he doesn't sin against Thee."
Back of his shirt - "Protect him from the enemy and from the fiery darts of the wicked. Help him to be wise to the ways of the devil and his tactics. Help him to stand tall for you and not cower down."
Sleeves - "Let him embrace only his family. Protect him from the strange woman. May his arms be used today to point unbelievers to Christ."
Collar - "May the words of his mouth and the meditation of his heart be acceptable in thy sight. May he not be stiff necked and rebellious, but give him a tender heart to confess his sin and walk with You today."
Before I knew it, the task was completed, and I'd had a sweet time with the Lord praying for the needs of my husband.
The next time you plug in the iron, begin praying for the person whose clothing you're ironing and find the blessing of "pressing prayers."

Under His feathers,

3 comments:

lindagl said...

Denise thank you for teaching us different ways we can pray for our husbands.The Lord used you to
"Cause me to hear the Lord's lovingkindness in the morning"

Dale said...

Sweetheart, thank you for being my help meet in prayer. You have done me good (Prov. 31:12.I need it, desire it, and thank you for being so faithful to intercede for me. Oh how I love you!! The Lord has answered your prayer.
Love,
Dale

hkeels said...

Denise, thank you for again allowing the Holy Spirit to use you to glorify God and all that he is. I look forward each morning to see how God has touched you so that you can then touch us.