Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Word to the Wise Wednesday

My sister had two of these beautiful apothecary jars on her kitchen table when I visited her house recently. One was filled with artificial lemons, the other was filled with limes. It looked so pretty on her table! I got to thinking what a neat centerpiece "starter" these jars are. You could fill them with seasonal things and have something different all year long. Easter M&M's or jellybeans would be cute, but I didn't want that much candy sitting in front of me! I found a box of red and green artificial tomatoes that I've tucked away for summertime. Do you have any other suggestions for its use?

Proverbs 30:8,9
Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain
.

Here's my version of the egg tree. It was kind of hard to get a good picture, but you get the gest.

This was a recent gift from a friend - isn't it cute? It's a teapot that has the diffuser attached to the lid. You put the hot water in the pot, fill the diffuser with loose tea, then let it steep. You then unscrew the diffuser from the lid and replace to keep it warm. It was purchased at Two Sister's Tea Room in Kingsport. If you haven't been there you must go! The food is great, and the atmosphere is better than a day at the spa! One day I'm going to go just for hot tea and dessert!
Proverbs 29:1
He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.


Have you seen these vinyl sayings? I found this one at Hobby Lobby (where else?) :) I got it the week they had them half off, so it was $15. All you do is remove the backing paper and press the letters onto the wall. I love the way it turned out. It looks like the hard work of a stencil, but it's soooo easy!
Proverbs 29:5
A man that flattereth his neighbour spreadeth a net for his feet



Here is the checklist from Elizabeth George for managing your time and your home that I told you about yesterday:
1. Plan! Nothing grand just happens - you have to plan. The more detail the better - the more you'll get done.
2. Deal with today. Matt. 6:34 - Be not anxious about tomorrow; today has it's own challenges! Augustine took Psalm 90:12 and said, "Number each day as your last day. See every day as a little life and your whole life as a single day repeated." So, how are you living that day?

3. Value each minute. How much is a minute worth? It's priceless or useless, depending on how you use it.

4. Keep moving. A body in motion will remain in motion! A body at rest will remain at rest.

5. Develop a routine - same place, same thing, same time. Do the worst first. If you do that, it will make your day!

6. Say "No!" Make your plan for the day, then unless you are sure that God is moving you to Plan B, the answer is going to be "No." Say no to people, to yourself, your own indulgences and rash things.

Peter Marshall said, "I was privileged to visit in a home that was to me, and I'm sure to the occupants of it, a little bit of heaven. " Wouldn't it be a blessing to those that walk through the threshold of our home to see it as a little bit of heaven? What do you need to do to make it that today?

Proverbs 30:5

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

With love,

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I am soooo looking for one of those jars! so cute!

love your egg tree. =)

Dianne said...

I like your cute suggestions. Fun to read. Hmmm, suggestions for your jar--how about moss and sea shells in the summer or even layered sand, whole nuts with some colored leaves for the fall, pinecones with evergreen in the winter, fresh oranges in the winter and also pretty Christmas ornaments. Pink heart Marshmallows would be pretty inexpensive for Valentine's day. I'll stop there! :-)

Denise said...

Love it! Thanks, Dianne!