Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Word to the Wise Wednesday

How often have you looked in the mirror and thought, "I'm not beautiful! I'm fat!"? I listened to Revive our Hearts yesterday and thought, "Wow! Lots of women have fallen into the trap of this lie that 'thin = beautiful' - myself included." If you didn't hear the broadcast, go here and listen to the first session that aired two days ago, then you can listen to yesterday's message. We are bombarded with this lie every day on television shows, magazine ads, commercials, etc. We need a right perspective on food and our bodies. I'd encourage you to listen to the broadcasts and be encouraged about the way God made you!


Psalm 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

I heard on a cooking show that if you lay a wooden spoon across the top of your pasta pot, the wooden spoon will keep the pot from boiling over! It acts like a lid on the pot! Hmmm! How clever!

The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools. Ecclesiastes 9:17





If you put a few marshmallows in with your brown sugar, they will keep the sugar from getting hard!




"Humility is to make a right estimate of one's self."
- Charles Spurgeon
If you're planning your Easter dinner menu and need a delicious jello salad, let me suggest this Apricot Gelatin Salad from Taste of Home. I've made it many times. It's light and refreshing - perfect for springtime. It's also a great thing to make ahead of time so dinner will be one the table quickly after you get home from church.

Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom.
Proverbs 23:4

I'm not necessarily into the Easter Bunny, but I'm not opposed to cute spring decorations either. Look at this adorable Egg Tree. After a long winter, it would be nice to see something growing - even sprouting from the kitchen light over my table! If I can find time next week I'm going to try this one!

Happy Wednesday, Wise friends! I'd sure love to hear about your clever finds! Leave me a comment!

Love,

No comments: