Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

What's Cookin' in the Parsonage?

I cannot lie - I did not cook on Sunday. We have had an extremely busy week with revival, so we opted for a quick bite out, then home for a nap! Ahhhh....thank you, Lord, for incorporating this into our busy weeks!

Can I just tell you though, that the busyness was worth every minute of fatigue! The Lord answered many prayers, we saw about 12-13 people saved, and Christian's hearts were stirred to change as well. God is good, and we praise His matchless name for His work in our church and hearts.
Yesterday I participated in a supper that is so very dear to me - it was The Lord's Supper. As I sat and listened to my husband encourage us to prepare our hearts - to make sure we were not eating of the bread and taking of the cup unworthily (with known sin in our lives), I was reminded of the preciousness of this "meal." This is not a Baptist ritual - this is one of the ordinances that Christ commanded we do in remembrance of him 'til He comes. (I Corinthians 11)
I held that little piece of bread in my hand that symbolizes the body of my Savior. As I sat there I thought, "He was broken for me. He gave Himself willlingly. No man took His life - He laid it down. He was bruised, beaten, then crucified on the cross for me." The cup of juice reminding me of His blood brought the verse to mind - "without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin." Hebrews 9:22 What a sweet time the Lord's Supper is, and how thankful I am that the Lord asked us to do this to remember what He did and that he is coming again! This is not a meal that fills our stomachs, but our hearts.

Though I didn't cook on Sunday, I made a meal on Saturday night that would be very doable for a Sunday or quick night meal.
I made:
Toasted Ravioli
Angel Hair Pasta with spaghetti sauce
Tossed salad
Parmesan French Bread
In one bowl mix an egg and 2 tbl. water. In another bowl place a cup of seasoned breadcrumbs. Thaw frozen ravioli of your choice. Dip thawed ravioli in egg mixture, then breadcrumbs.
Cook ravioli in a few tablespoons of hot oil until golden.
Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over cooked ravioli. Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping. These would also be a great appetizer. They are so delicious and easy!
What was cookin' in your kitchen this weekend?
With love,

2 comments:

lindagl said...

Thank you Denise, I enjoy starting my morning off with you. I'm glad I finally figured out how to send you a comment. The Lord is so good to save 12-13 precious souls. Thank you also for your receipes.

Whitney said...

mmmm, toasted ravioli is one of my favorite things to make.

on sunday morning, I put bbq chicken in the oven before I left for sunday school....came home to find it perfectly done. whew! =)

I served it with green beans, rice and deviled eggs. Lunch was on the table in 20 minutes!