Search This Blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

The Precious Word of God

What else but the Word of God can:
  • give hope for all eternity and direction for today
  • Be a light in our darkness
  • Bring deep conviction of sin and also be a balm when we're hurting.
  • Give us courage to obey and strength to follow
  • Teach us how to live and how to die

The answer? Nothing! No book can do what God's Book can do.

Last night I had the privilege of opening God's Word with a young pre-teen girl who couldn't quite understand how to get to heaven. I asked her if I could open the Scriptures and show her what God says. She said, "Yes." As she read the Scriptures aloud I saw the light come on in her heart. The Holy Spirit was using His Word to bring understanding. Psalm 119:130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. It was marvelous to watch. Her heart turned to the Lord and she trusted Him to save her and give her a home in heaven. Praise His name!

I have asked the Lord to give me a greater love for His Word, and He is answering that prayer. It is so precious to me. Jesus Christ is the Living Word...what a wonderful Savior!

What does the Word of God mean to you?

With love,

1 comment:

lindagl said...

Praise the Lord!!! for the young girl that was saved. God's Word is my guide, my comfort, my rebuke,my joy,my conviction,my encouragement, my life,for I can do nothing without the Lord. Thank you Denise.