Search This Blog

Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Wait on Thee

Think back on the past week. How many times in the last seven days have you waited on/for something? I've waited in traffic, in line at the store, for a phone call, for a prescription to be filled, for something in the oven to finish baking, to be served at a restaurant, and on and on it could go. Waiting isn't something most of us enjoy doing, is it?

Are you at the present moment waiting on the Lord for anything? Perhaps you're waiting on Him to provide a need, move in the heart of someone to be saved, change the habit of your mate, or heal an illness. This list, too, could go on and on.

When you read the Psalms you read the words, "wait on thee" over and over. You are not the only one who has or is waiting on God. While we wait, we can ask ourselves a few questions - such as:
  1. How do I wait? Psalm 25:21 says, Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee. We wait with integrity and uprightness. Integrity is adherence to moral character. We find the moral will of God in His commandments; the things He tells us to do. Therefore, while I wait, I must continue to obey the Lord and do all He tells me in His Word. Uprightness is to be in accord with what is right - so, again, we are reminded we are to do right while we wait. Don't cave in! Don't throw your hands up in despair! Don't bail out! Wait and trust that God will do what He says He will do. Waiting isn't passive.
    G. Campbell Morgan said, Waiting for God is not laziness. Waiting for God is not going to sleep. Waiting for God is not the abandonment of effort. Waiting for God means, first, activity under command; second, readiness for any new command that may come; third, the ability to do nothing until the command is given.
  2. Why do I wait? Psalm 59:9 Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my defence. I wait because I know He is able to fulfill all He says he will.
  3. In whom do I wait? Psalm 39:7 And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee. He will not fail, forget, or flee. No one else could fulfill what He can do! Therefore, we wait on Him.
  4. What is the result of waiting? Psalm 52:9 I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints. Waiting on God and seeing Him fulfill His promise to us gives us a testimony of His provision. We can say to others, "Look what God did! Only He could have brought this to pass!" It indeed is good before the saints! Don't you just love testimony time when you can hear how God worked mightily in the lives of His children?
    In just the past week I've seen God move in the hearts of people I've been praying for, provide a need for me, and supply our Faith promise offering. That's why I wait! Because God can do anything but fail. The result of waiting is that God takes the test and give us a testimony!

While you wait on the Lord, Friend, remind yourself of the how, why, who, and what that is able to do exceeding, abundantly, above all you ask or think!

Do you have a testimony that resulted from waiting on the Lord? I'd love to hear about it!

With love,

No comments: