Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Worthwhile Book

Every day I fight with doing "empty" things; things that have no real value. Facebook, reading blogs, and the such. I don't think those things are bad in themselves, it's just that they can be time snatchers - taking more time that I'd dreamed of giving them! For others television viewing or scanning might be an issue. Some get caught up in a book and can't put it down until they've finished it. Each of those activities has their place, but must be kept there by our discipline and the Lord's enablement.

There's one activity that will never be a time waster or a guilt giver - that's time spent in God's Word. As I was reading and studying today I came across this wonderful verse: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. Isaiah 55:11
If I read it, it will accomplish something. If I share it with another person it will prosper. If I claim it, it will not return to the Lord empty. What wonderful promises!

I've been singing this song that's playing since I read the verse. I share it now with you.

Are you spending time in His Word?

With love,

2 comments:

Wendy said...

This is a precious song to me, one I often sing in worship to my Lord. It reminds me there is no power in my words, but there is GREAT power in His, and I must strive to be more proficient in wielding it as the sword He has provided. It was a blessing to be reminded of this. Thank you, Denise.

如此的 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.