Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Word to the Wise Wednesday

This post was to be a continuation of Tuesday's posting, but we'll sandwich A Word to the Wise in between! I'll finish the lesson on A Heart for Your Husband on Thursday.



However, while we're thinking about husband/wife relationships, I'll share some thing today that will help in married life.


If you haven't read the Book, Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerich, you must. I wish I'd have read it years ago! It would have saved my poor husband lots of grief. I see that you can get it at Walmart for less than $14.


The book is based on Ephesians 5:33 - Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. It talks about "the crazy cycle" where the wife is waiting for her husband to love her before she'll respect him, and the husband is waiting for his wife to show respect before he shows her love. The cycle goes on and on until someone simply obeys the Scripture and stops the cycle!

The book is easy to read, has lots of illustrations, and good questions for each chapter. If you only read one book this year, let it be this one! With God's enablement, it can change your marriage.


House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the Lord.
Proverbs 19:14

Have you seen this magazine yet? I never really noticed it before, but I read about some of the great coupons they have inside through Southern Savers . Somehow I received a couple of trial issues and have found some really great coupons, as well as some other good things. Going to their web site will also reveal some great savings.


Better is little with the fear of the Lord than great treasure and trouble therewith. Proverbs 15:16

I've mentioned this a couple times before, but it amazes me to talk to women who don't use the blogs such as Southern Savers, Money Saving Mom or Swappin' Spoons that can help you get the most from your grocery money. These dear ladies do tons of work to compile all the sales, the coupons that go with the sale items, and even lists of places that are giving things away. Why would someone not avail themselves to that? It does take a bit of work, but these blogs do the hardest work for you! You can even make a shopping list and print it out right from their blog. It's so convenient. I saved $20 on my groceries today using the specials and coupons found on those blogs. Now that's the best way to grocery shop!

A gracious woman retaineth honor...Proverbs 11:16

We live in such a "techie" world that many things have gone by the wayside. One of those things is a thank you note. I don't think it would be wrong to send a thank you by way of an email - my point is just send it! Expressing gratitude for things people do for us or things they give us is a huge part of a godly testimony. It shows a humble heart and grateful spirit. I found a web site that gives some good encouragement about when and how to send a thank you note. Check it out. I'm sure there are many times when I've missed the opportunity to express my thanks to someone...shame on me!

Thanks for stopping to read today. I appreciate each of you!

With love and thanks, :)

4 comments:

Whitney said...

another good coupon/free stuff site is frugalfritzie.com. I get coupons for free products (things I normally buy) in the mail ALL the time from that site.

Michelle said...

Thank you for writing all the great ideas and spiritual encouragement I'm a daily reader! :-)

Denise said...

Thanks, Whitney. I've added that site to my list.
Michelle, I appreciate your encouragement! Thanks for reading!

Beth said...

I agree with you. Thank you notes are important. I was reared to write them, and I trained my son that way. However, it never fails to amaze me that I can send money to Christian college students and never receive one thank you note! Must be a new generation.