Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Word to the Wise Wednesday

I certainly don't have much wisdom of my own to share and I don't want the title for today to come across in a proud way. Everything I'm sharing is ideas from others. I heard someone once say, "If you don't have brains borrow them; just be careful where you get them." :) With that said, here a some clever ideas...

Have you made this wreath yet? Here's a picture of mine. I made it in two consecutive nights while listening to a preaching service on the web. Anyone can make this! Cut and poke - that's the talent it takes to make it! It took just under a yard of fabric to cover the wreath form and make it full and fluffy looking. You could make a round wreath in the spring with pastel colors, or red, white, and blue in July. Cute, cute, cute!

Some Christians are like porcupines - they have a lot of good points and are hard to get close to!

My dad told me about a recent good idea my mom had. She had a nice tablecloth that was a bit worn, but she loved it. It wasn't good enough to use as a tablecloth anymore, so she cut it into squares and made napkins out of it. I love that idea because I have a beautiful tablecloth that got stained. It's so pretty I couldn't make myself get rid of it, but I never use it. Now I have a plan! If you'd like to do that and you're not sure how to go about it, go here for a good tutorial. Thanks for the great idea, Mom, and Happy Birthday!

"It is possible to give without loving, but it's impossible to love without giving." - J.B. Godfrey

Did you know that Crayola makes bathtub crayons? Your kids can write on the bathtub and have all kinds of fun, but I recently read about a husband and wife using the crayons to leave notes for each other in the shower! With Valentine's Day approaching I think that's a great way to be creative!

I'm always looking for a good book to read. At our missions conference our preacher, J.B. Godfrey mentioned the book, The Triumph of John and Betty Stam. I will be on the lookout for this in our library. If they don't have it I see that Amazon has copies as low as $6.






How about you? Come across any good ideas, books or new products?

'Til next time...

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I love your wreath!

You can also write on your mirrors with Sharpies...it comes right off with Windex. Maybe not such a hot idea for children...but it works for love notes and Bible verses. =)