Search This Blog

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year, friends!
I typically do not make new year's resolutions for whatever reason, but this year there are two primary thoughts that the Lord has brought to my mind in the last couple of weeks.
  • Simplify stuff

I'm going to endeavor, with the Lord's help to simplify my belongings. "Stuff" weighs us down, keeps us from being free to serve, and keeps us tied to this earth. One day it will all be left behind. I want the Lord to free me from collecting things I don't need.

  • Seek souls

The only thing we can take to heaven with us is other people. I'm asking the Lord to give me a greater burden for souls. As a person who knows the Gospel, I have the message that the lost world needs to hear. They won't be saved by watching my life, they must hear the Gospel from my lips, and I'm asking God to give me people with whom I can share the Truth.

Have you asked the Lord to enable you to accomplish something this year? I'd love to hear about it so I can add you to my prayer list. May this new year and new decade find us loving our Lord more and bringing about eternal rewards.

With love,

4 comments:

Whitney said...

you know you're married to a preacher if....your new years resolutions are alliterated. ;)

just teasing, Momma. Those are good things to resolve. Thanks for the reminder.

Denise said...

Yes, but there are only two points instead of the usual three! =)

Anonymous said...

Guess we should all have a garage sale? Actually I plan on giving a bunch of stuff away- I missed Boxing Day, but God's Corner will still get what I don't need anymore!

Anonymous said...

Why is it that we spend all our younger years collecting things just to realize later on the we really don't want or need them at all. I guess that comes with maturity.