Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Gift of Prayer

I received an early Christmas gift from the ladies of our church in late November. It has to be the the most thoughtful gift I've ever received. If you belong to a church other than Boones Creek and you're wondering what to give your pastor's wife, please read on!

In a beautifully wrapped box (seen sitting on my bed in picture) there are slips of paper that read, "Denise, (name of church lady) would like to show her love and appreciation for you by praying this specific prayer and scripture for you on December _____, 2009 and on the first day of each month for the year 2010." There is at least one name for each day of the month of a lady in my church that has volunteered to pray for me. Followed by her name is the specific request. Here's what my friend Linda prayed for me today:

"Pray that Denise will cooperate with her husband in providing godly leadership in their home, not based on fear of what others will think, but according to scriptural truth. Pray that God will give her many "spiritual children" as she shares the truth of God's Word. Eph. 6;4, Prov. 31:27-28, Ps 115:13-15, Ps 27:1"

Each day is a different request with Scriptures to pray as well. Every morning when I'm having my quiet time I pull out the slip of paper for that date and read who is praying for me and what they're praying for me. You cannot imagine how it encourages my heart! I have wept many days as I've read the request that is being offered up on my behalf, knowing that it is so fitting for the day. I then pray for the dear friend that is praying for me - for her needs and her family.

I had read a similar type of request on Revive our Hearts some time ago. I just now looked at their web site and found that these requests are on their site here. So if you're interested in doing this for your pastor's wife you can find out how to pray for her by checking out that page.

It took much organization to get all the ladies assigned to a particular day, type up their request and get it to them, and then give the same list to me, but I can tell you, it was a heart-touching gift that I will benefit from all year long as my church ladies hold me up before the Throne of Grace!

Thank you, my dear Boones Creek ladies...you have touched my heart - again!

No comments: